Doug Silsbee is a thought leader in the fields of presence based coaching, leadership development and resilience. He is a leadership coach, trainer of coaches, speaker, and author in Asheville, NC. He combines deep experience in organization and leader development with a number of eclectic influences.
Coaching with Doug produces self-generative leaders in business, government, non-profits, and education. His unique approach encourages his clients to make bold commitments and to take meaningful and skillful action to produce results about which they care deeply. Along the way, clients build leadership presence, resilience, and the capacity for fulfillment and contribution.
Two books, The Mindful Coach and Presence-Based Coaching, provide a robust foundation for Doug’s widely recognized coach training program, approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) for coach certification. Doug is certified as a Master Somatic Coach with the prestigious Strozzi Institute, and as a Professional Certified Coach by the ICF. He has taught at the Brookings Institution, UCLA Executive Education, Hudson Institute, and the Federal Executive Institute.
Doug’s deep professional experience includes:
• Coaching leaders on five continents.
• Developing and teaching a curriculum approved for coach certification by the International Coach Federation.
• Teaching coaching methodology to coaches at the Federal Executive Institute.
• Speaking frequently at major conferences for the International Coach Federation, International Association of Facilitators, and OD Network.
• Coaching, consulting and teaching in corporations, non-profits, and government.
• Working with culturally diverse groups through international engagements in Latin America, Asia, and Africa, and leading a community dialog on racism.
Doug’s personal interests have included adventures such as geology research in West Greenland, dogsledding, the second canoe descent of a river in Labrador, and a solo ascent of an 18,000 foot peak in the Andes. With his wife Walker, Doug is the owner of a carbon neutral mountain retreat center north of Asheville, North Carolina. They have three grown children, a very loved grandson, and a Quechua Indian god-daughter in Peru.
828-254-2021 • email@example.com • dougsilsbee.com